Chelsea are the Premier League’s worst-hit team in terms of injuries with 10 players out right now. The Blues could even field a starting XI of injured players if there was ever anything like that.
The good news is that the injured players will not be out forever. In the next month or so some players will return to full fitness. When they do, these six players will be like new signings for Chelsea:
1. Ben Chilwell. The Englishman has been out since October but he’s expected to be back in February. His return for Chelsea at left-back will come as a breath of fresh air for Graham Potter, with Marc Cucurella struggling in every other game.
2. Reece James. Chelsea win 78% of the games when Reece is on the pitch and 35% without him. The Blues have won just one game from their last eight and James featured for 60 minutes in that game. The right-back is also expected to return in February. The Blues can’t wait.
3. N’Golo Kante. Chelsea have not had the edge of the powerful Frenchman since he left injured in the game against Tottenham in September. Chelsea’s problems in midfield will be cut in half when Kante returns in March or early April.
4. Raheem Sterling. The winger hobbled off last night against Manchester City last night. Sterling has made Chelsea sharper in the final third and his fitness will be key for Chelsea if they are to ever make the top four.
5. Edouard Mendy. Despite his lack of form towards the end of last season, and even during this campaign, Mendy provides quality for Chelsea in that goalkeeping department. Without the Senegalese, Kepa is gradually becoming complacent as seen in the game against Man City on Thursday.
6. Mason Mount. The midfielder suffered an injury just before the Man City game. Chelsea needs him back as soon as possible because he’s easily one of the top 5 attacking midfielders in England right now.
Do you find Vamirex useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!