Things You Should Know About Studying in Finland


Considering studying in Finland? Here are a few things you should know. Finland is a member of the European Union and the United Nations. Finland has also been a member of the EU since 1995. You’ll find information on costs and living in Finland. You’ll also learn about Language requirements and Scholarships available to international students. Read on to learn more about this beautiful country! Listed below are some things you should know before moving to Helsinki:

Costs of living in Finland

If you’re thinking about studying in Finland, you’re probably wondering what the costs are. Depending on where you live, a single-bedroom flat in Helsinki can cost as much as EUR800 a month. In smaller towns, though, accommodation starts at about EUR600. If you’re planning to study in a big city, living in a large city will save you money on transportation. However, there are some expenses that you should know.

Generally, a student can expect to spend between 500 and 900 euros per month on living expenses. Food is expensive in Finland, with meals costing EUR9. Fast food, continental and transcontinental meals can all cost EUR9, which may seem high to some foreigners. However, Finland’s food is high-quality and affordable. It won’t break the bank for a student to work a few hours a week.

When it comes to housing, Finnish students can choose from either student dormitories or apartments, which can be cheaper or more expensive than their American counterparts. On campus housing, also known as student residence halls, can cost as little as 160 EUR per month. A single room in an off-campus apartment can run anywhere from thirteen to thirty-five thousand INR a month, depending on your habits and location. However, off-campus living in a big city like Helsinki will cost more than this.

Scholarships available for international students

International students can apply for scholarships in Finland for their studies. The University of Helsinki offers scholarships to international students for undergraduate and graduate programmes. These scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, transportation, and other costs. A partial scholarship is worth EUR3,000 and can help finance your studies. To apply for a scholarship, you need to submit an application form. Scholarships can be awarded to international students who are considering studying in Finland for one, two, or three months.

The University of Tempere has several scholarship programs for international students. They offer up to 100% of tuition fee scholarships and cover living expenses in Finland. The scholarships are valid for two years, but the students must finish 55ECTS per year to stay in Finland. If you are not able to meet the requirements, you will have to pay tuition fees for the remaining courses. However, if you meet the requirements, you can still apply for the scholarship program.

The University of Helsinki also offers scholarships for master’s degrees. These scholarships are designed to attract promising international students. The application process is very easy – you can do it even while applying for your master’s degree! Scholarships are awarded on the basis of test scores, academic record, and extracurricular activities. The university will decide on the best candidates for a scholarship based on their qualifications and achievements. So, the best way to apply is to apply early and read up on the application procedure and document requirements.

Language requirements

If you want to study in Finland, one of the requirements is that you must have a basic knowledge of the Finnish language. While you can consider applying if you have little or no knowledge of the Swedish language, you may not be able to study a degree program there without a certain level of Swedish proficiency. In these cases, you will need to secure the endorsement of a department so that they can admit you and offer you a degree in a language that suits your studies. Some degree courses are taught exclusively in Swedish. If you are not fluent in the Swedish language, you will need to take a compulsory course in the Swedish language.

It is possible to get part-time employment in Finland. This part-time employment must be related to your degree and cannot exceed 25 hours per week. You can apply for an extension of up to one year of residence after graduation as long as you have secured a job in the same field. For those with no experience in the field, finding employment in Finland may be a difficult process, and non-native speakers may not be able to fully cover their living expenses.

Most language schools in Finland accept IB or EB degrees. For an IB degree, you must have two credits in Finnish as an A1 language, and five in a second language. You can also take a course in Finnish as an A2 or B language. The minimum level of Finnish for a university degree is YKI 6, and you can enroll in a study program after you have obtained a residence permit.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.